Being in the fitness industry for over 20 years and working with thousands of people helped me expose the biggest obstacle that most are facing in achieving their fitness goals. Sustainability and consistency, or the lack of it, is what separates the ones who succeed from the ones who fail.
That lead me to design a few valuable tools I’m going to share with you here required to maintain a healthy lifestyle for myself and for my clients. Generally speaking, people are getting out of shape or postpone their quest for a healthy lifestyle only because they are getting bored with their exercise routines.
Why is that, you might ask?
Before moving forward and determine what one needs to do to put the excitement back into their workouts, let’s first understand why people get bored.
There is only one reason why people stop their exercise routine. That is due to their lack of progress.
You won’t do something you’re not good at or doesn’t produce any results.
In order to sustain a long-lasting workout regimen, you need to love what you do. Therefore, learn to do with well. Furthermore, to achieve the results you want, you must learn to love the process. Once you accept what it takes to have a great body, only then you’ll experience the results you want. In essence, everything is just a learning experience.
How willing are you to learn something new about yourself?
Because, the truth is, nobody is bad at exercising.
Since pretty much everybody can move one way or another, and is in a certain physical shape, in order to become good at exercising one needs to learn how to efficiently get the most out of his or her body. Again, is all about learning.
And that leads me to the second point.
What are the tools needed to get the results you want?
The number one reason you don’t get the results you want out of your exercise routine is because you just know what, or how to do it.
It is not because you can’t do it. It’s not because you don’t have time. It is not because you’re not strong enough. It is not because you’re not in good shape. It’s not because you can’t afford to hire a trainer.
It is because you haven’t learned how to get the most out of your body. Therefore, after doing it wrong for so long, you slowly start believing that you just can’t do it. That’s why people give up.
Bottom line is, people stop exercising, or haven’t started exercising yet because one of these two reasons:
- A) They don’t know how to do it, therefore, they don’t believe they can accomplish their goals.
- B) They haven’t experienced the results they want, hence again, they don’t believe they can do it.
If you want to have a long-lasting successful exercise routine you need to do the following:
1) ASK FOR HELP. If you were unsuccessful at sustaining an exercise routine you need to hire a trainer who can teach you how, and what do you need to do to accomplish your goals.
2) BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN. Understand and believe that if you really want, you can feel good about yourself and your body. There is nothing wrong with you, period.
3) BE PATIENT. If things don’t go the way you planned, it doesn’t mean you can’t do it. It just might take longer than you thought. Calm down and keep going.
4) BE FLEXIBLE. Weight loss is a journey, not a destination. Realize that it might take more than one trainer, longer than one month, or more than a few mistakes to get you closer to your goals. Flexibility is the key.
5) KEEP GOING. Remember this, it takes more than one bowl of pasta, more than one glass of wine, and more than one dessert to get you fat. Therefore, don’t get discouraged just because you had a yummy meal.
6) HAVE THE RIGHT ATTITUDE. Success is not for losers. Therefore, have a winning attitude. Whatever happens, keep moving forward, keep fighting your bad habits and believe that you have what it takes to accomplish your goals.
It is just a matter of time when you become successful and achieve your goals. The above 6 characteristics are what you need to develop a winning attitude and a champion mindset. Practice these daily and I’ll guarantee you’ll develop a healthy lifestyle and a steady and successful exercise routine.
Thank you and good luck.