You Don’t Want To Read This
The reason most people fail to keep their New Year Resolution is because they expect to like what they do.
They expect to like exercising, like eating healthier and start loving their bodies. Pardon my French, but how the fuck do you expect something like this to happen overnight?
What makes you believe that all of a sudden you’re going to love something you hated with passion all your adult life?
Are you fucking crazy?
It’s like asking someone to start loving their worst enemy. Can you do that? Hell NO.
The same goes for your body, your body parts and your steamed vegetables for that matter. If you hate your stomach, hate your thighs, have eaten like shit for the past year or more, it’s going to be very hard for you to actually start loving your body and eating healthier. Therefore, stop expecting for that shit to happen overnight.
It’s actually harder to start a relationship with someone or something you used to hate, than start a new relationship. So don’t expect to love exercising, your vegetables or cooking your boring chicken breast. You don’t need to like it or love it to get it done.
Stop focusing on something that isn’t going to happen and stop investing in something that doesn’t pay you back. That’s a recipe for failure.
Just because it’s a new year, you are not going to somehow love waking up in the morning to eat your egg whites. Just because it’s a new year, you are not going to go to bed at night excited to wake up early in the morning to hit the gym. Shit like this doesn’t just happen overnight, so stop expecting it. Just stop.
This is what you need to do.
Accept that you’re going to feel like shit just by starting a change in lifestyle. Let it be. You don’t need to have an opinion about it, and you don’t need to feel sad or sorry for yourself. Remember, you will feel like shit physically and mentally. Don’t add to that. Let it be. Take a deep breath. Don’t dwell on it.
• Wash your face with cold water. No whining. Just do it.
• Eat your breakfast. No complaining. Just chew your food and shut up. Finish it, then get up and leave.
• Drink your water. Stop crying about not drinking enough. Just do your best. That’s good enough and way better than before.
• Look at your schedule. Find time to exercise. Don’t cry about how hard it is. Big fucking deal. You’re not the only one who feels like this.
• Go to work. You’re going to feel like shit. Don’t complain about it. Just feel like shit and keep your mouth shut. It could be much worse.
• Eat your boring lunch. Again, it’s not a fucking big deal. At least you have a lunch.
• Go home or to the gym and get your shit done. Don’t complain about not having time. MAKE TIME.
• At the end of the day, take an hour or however long you need to talk about how you felt during the day. How did you feel about eating your boring food, exercising when you didn’t feel like it, finding time when you didn’t have time, not having energy, feeling like shit and all that stuff? Talk it out with someone who cares. Cry, moan and bitch about it. Now’s the time to act like a baby, cry like a baby, and be a baby.
• Then go to bed. Wake up and do it again.
With time maybe you’ll start liking, or even loving what you do. Maybe you’ll fall in love with your boring eating habits and boring exercise routine. Maybe you won’t. That’s not the point.
You are getting your shit done. That’s the point. The pounds are coming off. You are getting stronger and leaner. You are eating healthier. You are becoming a newer person, a better version of yourself. You are WINNING.
You are a WINNER. Now you can smile and start teaching others how to do it. BOOM. SUCCESS. JOB DONE. YOU MADE IT.
Leo Frincu is a world wrestling champion, author, speaker and performance coach for business leaders and athletes worldwide. To learn more about his training philosophy, check out his latest book, “WELCOME HOME, 3 Simple Steps On How To Reach Your Highest Potential,” available on Amazon and iBooks.